The application deadline for our 2023 cohort of MSc students has passed. We will accept new applications for MSc students in the spring of 2024.
Our 2023/2024 call for PhD students is now open. We are accepting students based on the following prerequisites:
- Excellent bachelor’s and master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, engineering, natural sciences or other data science/machine learning/AI related disciplines.
- a genuine interest to work on a topic of reliable AI covering aspects such as safety, security, privacy and responsibility in one relAI’s research areas Mathematical & Algorithmic foundations, Algorithmic Decision-Making, Medicine & Healthcare or Robotics & Interacting Systems
Please have the following documents/information ready before starting the application process:
- Your CV
- Copies of your relevant diplomas and transcripts
- Motivation, also highlighting previous experience in the field
- Preferred relAI research area
- Choice of two preferred supervisors who are relAI Fellows, along with an explanation for each why the respective supervisor would be a good fit (illustrate with a thesis topic you would like to pursue if you have one in mind)
- Names and addresses of two researchers who consent to be contacted for recommendation letters
(deadline for references: January 21st, 2024)
- Proof of English language proficiency: level C1 or equivalent
(also acceptable: proof that University degree was taught mainly in English)
Submission deadline for the relAI PhD program is January 15th, 2024 (23:59 AoE).
Applicants who have passed our first round of screening will be contacted for interviews in February / March 2024.
You can subscribe to our mailing list if you would like to be informed about the opening of our application portal or the next open calls for MSc or PhD student application.